Home Search Sitemap About Us Contact Us
 
Sunday, November 17, 2019
 
 
P10825 - Giovanna Senesi Caboto Club 50th Anniversary book photo
The Italian Women’s Club was formed in 1930, by a group of public-spirited Canadian women of Italian birth, who saw the need of such an organization to provide a social outlet for the foreign born women and to assist the newcomers to feel at home and at one with the local community. Since then, the club has grown and widened its contacts and its membership includes
P10825 - Giovanna Senesi Caboto Club 50th Anniversary book photo - 1955 executive Caboto Club Women's Auxilliary
  not only women of Italian birth, but Canadian women too.
 
It was in the year 1946 that the club became known officially as the “G. Caboto Auxiliary” though they always co-operated with the men’s organization in providing social, recreational and educational programs. The charities were wide-spread and the financial assistance could always be counted on to assist the local charities. This club is also affiliated with the Local Council of Women.
 
Back to previous page
 

The opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.

 

Copyright © 2005 Windsor Mosaic Website. All rights reserved.