Home Search Sitemap About Us Contact Us
 
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
 
 
Verdi Club, courtesy of the Verdi Club
 
Aerial view of Verdi Club site, courtesy of the Verdi Club
     
Verdi Club, courtesy of the Verdi Club   Aerial view of Verdi Club site
courtesy of the Verdi Club

 

   
Inside the Verdi Club, courtesy of the Verdi Club
 
Interior Hall of the Verdi Club, courtesy of the Verdi Club
     
Inside the Verdi Club
courtesy of the Verdi Club
  Interior Hall of the Verdi Club
courtesy of the Verdi Club
   

The Verdi Club is a cornerstone of Amherstburg's illustrious history. Mass immigration as a result of two world wars brought many Italians to the Amherstburg area. The Club was founded in 1958 by strong-willed individuals who wanted more than just a meeting place where they could pass their time sharing drinks and playing cards. Through a determination to preserve Italian culture and customs, construction of the Verdi Club began in 1959. Long hours of donated labour soon brought this dream to reality. In 1960, the Giuseppe Verdi Club was incorporated and named for one of Italy's greatest 19th century composers.

Almost 50 years later, the Verdi Club has come a long way from its humble beginnings. Hard work and dedication have kept the Verdi Club in step with today's bigger and more elaborate clubs. It has accommodations for groups of 50 to 400. The Club is located on 18 acres of treed, grassy area, equipped with tennis courts, soccer fields, bocce courts, a playground and a full-service ourtdoor canopy.

 
Back to previous page
 

The opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.

 

Copyright © 2005 Windsor Mosaic Website. All rights reserved.