Home Search Sitemap About Us Contact Us
 
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
 
 
1893 City Directory Listing for Michael Cauzillo, Native of Genoa
 
The Ferrari family was one of the first Italian families to arrive in the Windsor area in the late 1800s
 
1914 City Directory ad for Graziano Bertini and Co.
 
P10679 - Advertisement card for Merlo, Merlo and Ray Contracting Co.  Note that “Ray” is an anglicization of the Italian name “Re”.  Courtesy of Tom Ray
 
1925-26 City Directory - Luigi Meconi Advertisement
 
P10346 - Meconi Homestead, Rome Garden Restaurant, 475 Windsor Ave circa 1945-46, Clara Meconi Ryall and son Patrick
 
P10350 - Pen and Ink Sketch of Canadian Tile and Terrazzo, Windsor Ltd, 2910 Walker Road, by O.K. Smith, 1993. Giovanni Sgrazzutti started this company in the 1940s. The company continues to this day, although not at this location. Courtesy of John and Denise Sgrazzutti
 
P10643 - Merlo, Merlo & Ray paving Albert Road in Windsor, October 1, 1920. Courtesy of Richard Merlo
 
P10662 - Mario's Tavern was built by Sterling Construction in 1950. Courtesy of Richard Merlo
 
P10804 - P10804 - Kay DeMarco (also known as 'The Cheese Lady') at DeMarco Groceries, June 1983. Courtesy of the Windsor Star
 
P10742 - Domenic Giglio photo - Giglio's store on opening day March 24th, 1967
   
 
Back to previous page
 

The opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.

 

Copyright © 2005 Windsor Mosaic Website. All rights reserved.