Home Search Sitemap About Us Contact Us
 
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
 
 
From the City of Windsor 1979 Directory

From the City of Windsor 1979 Directory
 
Joseph Tedesco came to Canada in 1949 from San Giovanni in Fiori (in the province of Cosenza), Italy to work at the Windsor salt mine. In 1956, he sent for his wife, Angela, and his children to join him in Windsor. 
 
1980 Royal Winter Fair.  From left to right: Maurice Jebson (Royal Holstein Judge), Ontario Dairy Princess Mary Bradfield; Bertram Stewart; and Frank Tedesco.
 

In 1963, the family opened the Milano Restaurant. In 1971, the Tedesco brothers John, Tom, Frank and Tony decided to open a new restaurant called Franco’s. Five years later, the Milano restaurant was sold in order to devote more attention to Franco’s.

1980 Royal Winter Fair
From left to right: Maurice Jebson (Royal Holstein Judge); Ontario Dairy Princess, Mary Bradfield; Bertram Stewart; and Frank Tedesco. Courtesy of Holstein-Friesian Journal, December, 1980.
  In 1989, brothers John and Tom Tedesco purchased Windsor Ravioli, which had been in existence in the area since 1961.
 

In 1990, Franco’s restaurant expanded to offer a pizzeria in the Forest Glade area. Seven years later, Franco’s was sold to John and Josie Donato (owners of Donato Auto Collision Ltd.) and Vince Gullo. By that time there were five Franco’s franchises in operation throughout Windsor and LaSalle and they were planning expansion into the Detroit area.

Frank Tedesco was also the co-owner of Tedesco Bros. Holsteins with his brother, Tom. In 1993, he won the Master Breeder Award given by Holstein Association of Canada.
 
Back to previous page
 

The opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.

 
Copyright © 2005 Windsor Mosaic Website. All rights reserved.