Home Search Sitemap About Us Contact Us
 
Friday, November 15, 2019
 
 
Palazzi Brothers
  Brothers Paul and Marco Palazzi immigrated to Canada in 1954 from Fano, (in the province of Pesaro), Italy. In 1959, with hard work and ambition, the two men started their company from Paul’s home on Giles Blvd. in Windsor, Ontario. Palazzi Brothers Carpet and Tile Ltd. is a household name here in Windsor and Essex County. Marco and Paul never forgot their origins.

In the early years Paul and Marco, along with their wives Betty and Elena, handled all aspects of the flooring business: ordering, designing and installing flooring. In 1963, younger brother Max joined his brothers. Business grew to the point where their first building at 3449 Walker Road was erected.

The Company focused mainly on ceramic tiles and resilient flooring. In 1965, Palazzi Brothers introduced Palazzi Bros. Carpet with Max as
   
Palazzi Brothers
   
 Inside the Store
 
   
Inside the Store
 

president of the Carpet business. Palazzi Bros. Carpet and Tile Ltd., was now involved in major construction projects in Windsor and South Western Ontario.
In 1976, they relocated to its current retail location at 3636 Walker Road. In 1985, the business continued to grow and the showroom expanded to suit the growing business in oriental rugs and luxurious carpet. Palazzi Orientals, also on Walker Road, is owned and operated by Max Palazzi and his son, Paolo Palazzi.

Over the years, the Palazzi Bros. continued to explore new ventures and expansions. Palazzi Tile Imports was born in 1985.

Located in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and owned and operated by Tony Aversa and Robert Palazzi, Palazzi Bros. has currently opened a designer showroom in downtown Sarnia, Ontario. Paul’s daughter, Paula Mele, manages the Sarnia location.

 
Back to previous page
 

The opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.

 

Copyright © 2005 Windsor Mosaic Website. All rights reserved.