The Frontier Social Club, New Year’s Eve 1958, Photos Courtesy of Mr. George Thomas
The Frontier Social Club grew to be one
of the foremost clubs in Windsor. In addition to social activities
and dances the club was responsible for many charitable endeavours
including food and clothing drives and the collection of funds for
those in financial need, suffering from illness or for burial costs.
The original Frontier Club was located on McDougall Street and was
owned and operated by Jim Bolds. In later years the upper floors of
the club were rented out to the Masons and the Household of Ruth. Many
political meetings were held at this location. In 1950 the club’s
charter was purchased by Clarence Monroe and the club was relocated
first to Brant Street and later Mercer Street. The Frontier Club on
Mercer Street was closed in the early 1960’s due to redevelopment
of the area.
opinions and interpretations in this publication are those of the author
and do not necessarily reflect those of the Government of Canada.